Sunday, May 16, 2010

Aglio Olio @ Home

Crime scene: The eatshopblogger's kitchen

Food in question: Aglio Olio



“The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.”



Unfortunately, I’m still in the process of cooking for myself. :P

Feeling feisty one afternoon, I decided to ransack my noodles cupboard for some pasta, with an aching craving for Aglio Olio. And joy, I’ve got linguine, some fresh button mushrooms and carrots at home. So I threw in half a zucchini and those chili flakes you get from Pizza Hut and, voila, you’ve got homemade Aglio Olio. Of course, you’ve got to get the portions of olive oil, salt and coriander right.





So I decided to remake Aglio Olio for the family today, replacing linguine with spagetti pasta. I added prawns for the carnivores at home, celery and replaced button mushrooms with shitake mushroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment