Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Nasi Padang River Valley @ Zion Road

Thanks to one of my current projects, I was given the opportunity to visit this popular nasi padang place near Great World City.

Sambal sotong
The no-frills eating spot along Zion Road serves a wide variety of dishes, from curries to stews to fried fritters.

Fish curry
 The assam fish curry was delightful; the batang fish was soft and fluffy, and the curry is definitely suitable for those who have a low tolerance for spicy food. A must-order if you love fish just like I do.


chicken curry

Achar
Even as a fan of spicy food, I found the achar (pickled vegetables) too spicy for me. In my opinion,  achar should be light and refreshing, not laden with sambal chili here.


Egg omelette

I'm a huge fan of eggs, and the wholesome nonya style eggs served here hits the right spot. It reminds me of the egg omelette served at Dju Dju nonya food at Serangoon Ave 2. I have no idea how in the world they made their omelettes so thick yet juicy and savoury, but it's definitely one of the items I'll return for.


Spoilt for choice
It's not a chi-chi place, so expect yourself to wait in queue like any economical rice stall for your turn to take your pick. The yellow tables and and bright lights may get a little cloying after a while, so it'll be wise to just wolf down your food and make a move before the lemak smell starts to linger on your office clothing. If you're driving, parking is a nightmare along the roadside, so you may choose to park at either the surface car park behind the eatery or across the road at Great World City.


Overall:
Ambience: 2.5/5
Food: 3/5
Price: $
Service: Poor / Fair / Good / Excellent

Eat where:
Nasi Padang River Valley
55 Zion Road

Opening hours:
Tuesday - Sunday, 11am - 9pm

No comments:

Post a Comment